Join the North Carolina New Schools team:
- Instructional Coach: This position is part of a team of coaches who provide high quality job-embedded professional learning and follow-up supports for teachers. The Instructional Coaches focus on working with teachers and administrators to build the essential knowledge and skills required for educators to challenge and support students so that they graduate ready for college, careers and life. The posting closes March 20. Learn more.
- Education Innovation Specialist: This position provides direct support to a portfolio of innovative partner schools and districts; two specialists will be hired. Education Innovation Specialists report directly to the Senior Director of School Services and function in close collaboration with other members of the Client Services Team to drive sustained academic growth and performance improvement in partner schools through a focus on continuous improvement. Learn more.
- Director of Professional Learning: The Professional Learning team designs, facilitates, evaluates and improves high quality professional learning for educators. Professional Learning services develop the capacity of educators to meet the unique needs of their students and to graduate more students ready for college, careers and life. Learn more.
- Senior Director, Professional Learning: This senior-level position will lead the design, delivery, evaluation and continuous improvement of high quality professional learning services for educators. The Professional Learning team functions in close collaboration with other members of the Client Services department to drive sustained academic growth and performance improvement in partner schools and districts. Learn more.
- Career and College Ready Coach: This position provides direct support to school counselors and college liaisons serving the 11 school districts participating in the Rural Innovative Schools Initiative. Learn more.
- Strategy Analyst: This position provides planning and operational support for the day-to-day activities, projects and initiatives of the organization, with an emphasis on the implementation of the Rural Innovative Schools Initiative. The Strategy Analyst also functions in close collaboration with other members of the organization’s Client Services team to effectively and efficiently drive organizational initiatives and expand a high quality, sustainable business model aligned with the vision and mission of NC New Schools. Learn more. Learn more.
- Director of Human Resources: This position plans, directs and coordinates all human resources activities of the organization. The person in this position reports to the Senior Director, Finance and Operations. Learn more.
- Director of Federal Institutional Advancement: This director will research and identify opportunities for funding and collaboration with a broad range of government agencies including defense, agriculture, energy, education, labor, and others; research and write proposals for consideration by government funders and national philanthropies; and advocate for NC New Schools and its partners with national organizations and government representatives. Learn more.
Join an innovative secondary school in North Carolina:
- Macon Early College in Franklin, NC, is hiring an English teacher to start March 16, 2015. Contact Principal Todd Gibbs at (828)306-7007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mattamuskeet Early College High School is hiring for four positions: 1) EC Teacher with experience working with Occupational Course of Study and the North Carolina Virtual Public School preferred — special education license K-12 required, cross categorical preferred; 2) an instructional technology facilitator (10-month contract, available immediately; must have a valid NC Educator’s License in License Area 00077); 3) media coordinator; and 4) middle grades science teacher (starting Aug. 2015). Please submit an application to NCDPI and select Hyde County Schools as a recipient. For more information, contact M.D. Coleman III at (910) 231-5268 or email@example.com.
- Wayne School of Engineering, located in Goldsboro, NC, will have a high school math position for the 2015-16 school year. Please contact Principal Gary Hales at 919-734-0070 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- South Creek High School (Martin County) is seeking a science teacher for spring 2015. Interested applicants should contact Alan Hagen at 252-795-4081 or email@example.com.
- Phillip O. Berry Academy of Technology in Charlotte, NC is seeking a CTE Technology Education instructor. Computer science or technology background is necessary. Contact Ms. Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow this link to see the posting.
- NC STEP is an alternative licensure program seeking mid-career professionals and recent college graduates interested in becoming secondary science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) teachers. Applications are available now for the 2014-15 cohort. Learn more.