Education. It’s not what we do, it’s who we are.
- We are educators with a lifelong love of learning.
- We have spent time in the classroom educating children and educating ourselves.
- Our culture is built on a shared mission, self-motivation, continuous learning and respect.
- We care about what we do and who we work with.
- We thrive on an ongoing exchange of ideas.
Staff are held to high standards and given the tools and training to succeed. From extensive onboarding, ongoing lunch-and-learns and a system of regular performance reviews, staff have clear goals and the opportunity to direct their career path.
We respect and believe in a healthy work / life balance. Full-time staff enjoy a generous paid time-off policy and comprehensive benefits package including health insurance and participation in our 401k plan.
Steve Jobs once said, “The ones crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones that do.”
Through a focus on talent, design, quality and community, we have unlocked the door to making real and measurable changes in education.
Are you ready to help us change the world?
Join the NC New Schools/Breakthrough Learning team:
- Vice President of Finance and Operations: This position is responsible for executing and overseeing all human resources, operations, and accounting/finance functions of the organization including but not limited to the financial statement preparation, budgeting and strategic planning, grant compliance, general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, employee benefits, and fixed assets. Learn More.
- Financial Analyst: This analyst will have exceptional knowledge and skills with respect to accounting for a non-profit organization as well as experience with federal grant regulations and reporting requirements. This position will be a part of the finance and operations team, which supports all other departments and functions within the organization. Learn More.
- Operations Coordinator: This coordinator will be responsible for the ensuring that the daily operations of the office are efficient and effective. This position will work collaboratively with all departments in the organization as well as external vendors. Learn More.
Join an innovative secondary school in North Carolina:
- Northeast Academy for Aerospace and Advanced Technologies (NEAAAT) is currently seeking an innovative, dynamic science instructor. NEAAAT is a world class, regional STEM school located on the campus of Elizabeth City State University. Students attending NEAAAT will be engaged with hands-on, project-based learning and college coursework to prepare them for advanced careers and degree programs in STEM-related fields. Individuals meeting the qualifications for this position are invited to email a letter of interest, resume, list of references, evidence of completion of a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution of higher education, and any other pertinent information to email@example.com. Applicants must hold or be eligible to obtain NC Professional Educator’s License.
- Mattamuskeet Early College High School is hiring for 1) Instructional technology facilitator (10-month contract, available immediately; must have a valid NC Educator’s License in License Area 00077); 2) media coordinator; 3) guidance counselor (12-month position) . Please submit an application to Hyde County Schools. For more information, contact M.D. Coleman III at (910) 231-5268 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Download application.
- SandHoke Early College High School is hiring for an English Instructor. This is an interim position that can turn in to long term after performance from spring semester. This position will facilitate English I and one online lab. Contact Colleen Pegram at email@example.com for further details.
- Hertford County Early College High School is seeking a guidance counselor who will be responsible for working collaboratively to develop student schedules, counsel students, and serve as an instructional leader at the beginning of the 2016-2017 school year. A successful candidate will be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and pay close attention to detail, in addition to longterm planning. The interview process will take place in February 2016. Interested candidates should forward cover letters and resumes to Interim Human Resources Director Betty Pugh at 701 N. Martin Street, Winton, NC 27986 no later than Friday, February 5, 2016.
- Pitt County Schools Early College High School is hiring four 9-12 grade teaching positions 1) English Teacher 2) math teacher 3) science teacher and 4) social studies teacher. Applicants must hold or be eligible to obtain a NC Professional Educators License. Applicants can apply here.