Join the North Carolina New Schools team:
- Director of Professional (e-)Learning: This director implements innovative administrative, teaching and learning technologies to improve efficiency and learning outcomes. Learn more.
- Co-Project Director (in-state): The Co-Project Director of the Rural Innovative Schools initiative will provide direct support to local educators, instructional and leadership coaches and other NC New Schools’ Talent Development staff engaged in the high school redesign effort of embedding early college high school strategies in the teaching and learning environments of designated comprehensive high schools. Learn more.
- Co-Project Director (out-of-state): The Co-Project Director of the Rural Innovative Schools initiative will provide direct support to out-of-state educational organizations, instructional and leadership coaches and other NC New Schools’ Talent Development staff engaged in the high school redesign effort of embedding early college high school strategies in the teaching and learning environments of designated comprehensive high schools. Learn more.
- Director of Federal Institutional Advancement: This director will research and identify opportunities for funding and collaboration with a broad range of government agencies including defense, agriculture, energy, education, labor, and others; research and write proposals for consideration by government funders and national philanthropies; and advocate for NC New Schools and its partners with national organizations and government representatives. Learn more.
Join an innovative secondary school in North Carolina:
- Mattamuskeet Early College High School is hiring for four positions: 1) EC Teacher with experience working with Occupational Course of Study and the North Carolina Virtual Public School preferred — special education license K-12 required, cross categorical preferred; 2) a CTE Industrial and Trades Education teacher; 3) an instructional technology facilitator (10-month contract, available immediately; must have a valid NC Educator’s License in License Area 00077); and 4) media coordinator. Please submit an application to NCDPI and select Hyde County Schools as a recipient. For more information, contact M.D. Coleman III at (910) 231-5268 or email@example.com.
- Phillip O. Berry Academy of Technology in Charlotte, NC is seeking three CTE Health Science instructors. A biology or health science background is necessary. If interested contact Ms. Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org or (980)343-5992.
- Collaborative College for Technology & Leadership – Early College is hiring for a social studies (9-12) teacher position available January 5, 2015. Applications are being accepted through Nov. 17, 2014. Contact Principal Teri Hutchens at 704-978-5450 or email@example.com.
- Duplin Early College High School is hiring for two positions: 1) guidance counselor and 2) early college liaison. For details about the guidance counselor position, contact Principal Tanya Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. The college liaison position is in partnership with James Sprunt Community College and Duplin County Schools. This position plans, administers and evaluates all community college aspects of the early college and is responsible for the collaborative development of curriculum, schedules and policies for Duplin Early College High School. For more information, contact email@example.com or download this job posting.
- Robeson Early College is hiring a teacher to teach both English I and civics. Please contact Sheila Gasque at (910) 374-7018 if interested or for further information.
- NC STEP is an alternative licensure program seeking mid-career professionals and recent college graduates interested in becoming secondary science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) teachers. Applications are available now for the 2014-15 cohort. Learn more.