Join the North Carolina New Schools team:
- Math and Science Instructional Coach: Instructional Coaches are 12-month full-time positions that require significant travel. The start date for positions advertised in September 2014 is January 1, 2015. Learn more.
- Director of Federal Institutional Advancement: This director will research and identify opportunities for funding and collaboration with a broad range of government agencies including defense, agriculture, energy, education, labor, and others; research and write proposals for consideration by government funders and national philanthropies; and advocate for NC New Schools and its partners with national organizations and government representatives. Learn more.
Join an innovative secondary school in North Carolina:
- Duplin Early College High School is hiring for two positions: 1) guidance counselor and 2) early college liaison. For details about the guidance counselor position, contact Principal Tanya Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. The college liaison position is in partnership with James Sprunt Community College and Duplin County Schools. This position plans, administers and evaluates all community college aspects of the early college and is responsible for the collaborative development of curriculum, schedules and policies for Duplin Early College High School. For more information, contact email@example.com or download this job posting.
- Robeson Early College is hiring a teacher to teach both English I and civics. Please contact Sheila Gasque at (910) 374-7018 if interested or for further information.
- Union County Early College is hiring an English teacher. Interested applicants should contact Principal Tim Conner at (704) 290-1565 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- James Kenan High School, in Warsaw, NC, seeks a math and EC teacher. Interested applicants should contact Principal Michael Holton at email@example.com or (910) 293-4218.
- Valley Academy (aka Yadkin Valley Regional Career Academy) in Lexington, NC, is looking to hire a math teacher (called instructional coaches to signify new role with students as active leaders in their own learning). This opening is available immediately and offers 11-month extended employment for the next four years. Dual certification a bonus. Must be creative risk-taker committed to collaboration with colleagues and business/higher ed partners, piloting project-based learning, competency-based grading, entrepreneurial 21st century skills, and career and college readiness. For more information, contact James Fitzgerald, CEO at 336-242-5820 or visit the Davidson County Schools website.
- Mattamuskeet Early College High School is hiring for three positions: 1) a CTE Industrial and Trades Education teacher; 2) an instructional technology facilitator (10-month contract, available immediately; must have a valid NC Educator’s License in License Area 00077); and 3) media coordinator. Please submit an application to NCDPI and select Hyde County Schools as a recipient. For more information, contact M.D. Coleman III at (910) 231-5268 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NC STEP is an alternative licensure program seeking mid-career professionals and recent college graduates interested in becoming secondary science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) teachers. Applications are available now for the 2014-15 cohort. Learn more.