Creating high schools that ensure all students graduate ready for college, careers and life takes diligence. Students, teachers and their schools need sustained support from their communities, starting with unmistakable demand for higher expectations and schools that can deliver on them.Each of us can get involved in making this happen:
- Stay informed - Visit our website for the most recent information on high school innovation. Sign up to receive INNOVATOR, North Carolina New Schools's monthly email briefing, in the "subscribe" box at the right. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, or our blog, FutureReady.
- Make an investment - Consider a donation to support the work of North Carolina New Schools. You can make a secure gift on our website.
- Get the facts - Use the school performance tool to see how the schools you are most interested in are doing in terms of preparing all students for college, careers and life. Check out our results, which show innovation is making a difference for our students.
- Visit a school - Join a learning tour at one of our partner schools. Notice if the day seems coherent. Notice how time is used during the day. Notice how much of that time the student seems engaged. Look for differences in expectations, teaching and learning and personalization. For more information about a learning tour, contact April Anthony at 919.277.3779. To register for a two-day study visit at one of our Learning Laboratory Initiative schools, contact Isaac Lake at 919.277.3773.
- Connect your business - If your business is interested in getting involved, consider offering internships for students or summer externships for teacher. Or apply to become a member of an Industry Innovation Councils working with STEM network schools. For more information, contact Lynne Garrison at 919.277.3778.
- Attend an event - Check out the list of upcoming North Carolina New Schools events to see if there's a conference or professional development opportunity that interests you.