Building innovative schools requires the right tools -- not hammers and nails, but a set of research-based and field-tested tools demonstrated to support the creation of highly-effective teachers, administrators and schools. North Carolina New Schools partners with committed school, district and state leaders to inspire and support local educators to implement approaches to teaching and learning shown to improve student success.
Learn more about these powerful tools through the links on the left:
- Design Principles
- Common Instructional Framework
- Learning Laboratory Initiative
- STEM Network
- Grow teacher and administrator expertise for how to succeed with every student.
- Launch new leadership center with private sector and higher education.
- Launch technology-enhanced instructional coaching model.
- Create model for lateral entry to prepare new teachers in STEM.
- Build on evidence-based, field-tested tools for classroom and school success.